Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow day!


Alright already with the snow! Today was another snow day, the 4th in a matter of just weeks! The boys were, of course, thrilled... until I sent them out to shovel. Being my perfectionist self, it was hard to see the job - or lack thereof - that they were doing. But they seemed to be having fun with each other, to a point. I was not able to restrain myself and did end up going out later to have a go of it... just when the snow was its wettest and heaviest. I counted it as a workout though, not having had the guts to drive to the gym today. It was fun having them around today, and for a change, they just wanted to stay put with old Mom. The snow was pretty in the morning, wet and sloppy in the afternoon, hope it's not icy for the hubby's ride home tonight. Did you have a snow day where you are? What are your snow day traditions with your kids?

Rant of the day - spilling my morning coffee which I drank at 5pm on J's rug when I was readjusting his curtain rod - my punishment for getting nutty about it not being straight!


Rave of the day - staying warm inside while my boys did the shoveling, the first round. Getting sincere thanks from them for doing it myself second go round.

1 comment:

pve design said...

rant...I had a cousin for a 12 hour day while the parents worked which was great for my daughter but I must admit I was a bit exhausted and felt a little put upon.
Plus sort of over the snow day thing, being that this was a month of 3 plus a delay...ugh. a work from home thing can be trying.

rave...the girls were great, the boys shoveled our drive, made chicken soup for our neighbor who had a stroke and finished a bit of work.:) mailed 2 illustrations to clients! yah!